Monday, March 31, 2014

The Airport Has Showers And Other Such Madness

Well, I've  made it to Tokyo, at least. At around 4:00 (Japan Time) we'll be able to catch our next shuttle to the domestic flight section of the airport. There we will collect our tickets, get some breakfast (funny, my last meal was breakfast too) and, maybe, take some showers.

Incidentally, I would like to caution anyone who plans on taking long flights to studiously avoid the Flying Heritage Museum in the week or so prior to their departure.

 
 

I learned far too much about how planes can crash.
 
Anyhow, I have arrived, and shall now be (for the next nine months) residing in Japan. I even have a fancy new residence card to prove it.
 
... ignore the afro.
 

Oma and Opa, thank you for making such a wonderful breakfast before I left. It was good to eat something that yummy before being stuck with airline food for the next 30 hours. Brett and Mom, thanks for coming to see me off at the airport. I promise I wasn't crying. That'd be ridiculous.
 
Henceforth, should you want to contact me, I would recommend replies to this blog (:D) my email (nomibarnett@gmail.com) or Facebook messaging me. I may Skype people, eventually when I have reliable wifi, but I'm not going to post that address here (mostly because I can't remember it right now).
 
Well, it is nearing 4:00, so I believe I will end this and pack up my blanket and pillow. Off to the next flight!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey nomi! Glad to see made it to the first stop, can't wait to read about all your adventures!!!! Keep us posted! :) miss you already!

    - ashley d.

    ReplyDelete